When travelling in California, you can be mistaken for thinking that you’ve wound up in paradise. San Fran, San Diego, Los Angeles, Yosemite- Cali has it all, from world-class stardom, to breath-taking national parks, to luscious beaches. Those lucky enough to enjoy California life will notice that during their time in the Golden State, all of life’s usual worries melt into a distant haze, to be replaced by a set of gloriously trivial #californiaproblems that make you ask- why don’t I live here again?
2. Having a nervous breakdown because you can’t sunbathe without sandflies hopping all over your body
4. Agonising over what message to write in the sand for a super grainy new Instagram pic
7. Comparing watch and flip-flop tan-lines with your friends at dinner
8. The overwhelming desire to abandon all forms of normal life and become a hippy in Haight Ashbury
9. Buying an inappropriate number of woven bracelets and never wearing them again once you’re home
10. Constantly bumping into fellow pedestrians because you’re taking pictures of everything. All the time. Especially on the Golden Gate bridge.
11. Buying trail mix that has a disproportionate nut to chocolate ratio. Let’s face it-you only bought it for the M&Ms.
12. The indescribable displeasure caused when you offer trail mix to other hikers and they cherry-pick all of the chocolate bits
16. Walking down Muscle Beach and forming the sudden urge to eat steak and workout